HOW TO FORMAT ANY NOKIA PHONES
When and Why to format mobile phones?
When Mobile phones start acting strange in its functioning like virus infected, Automatic SMS sending or files sending to other phones by Bluetooth, Slow Performance or Operation and other strange functioning. Mostly, this strange behavior of phone is due to virus or corruption of system files.
This Guide will help you to restore/Reset OS of your mobile by formatting which would result in removal of all viruses and cell to work as normal as it did earlier at the time of purchase. Basically, Formatting deletes all files and data and installs a fresh copy of OS, which is stored in ROM.
This Guide is tested for Nokia Symbian OS supporting S60V2 and S60V3.
Note: Before Formatting, Backup your SMS, Setting, Contact, and Any important files. Check our guide on How to backup and restore using PC SUITE
Formatting Nokia Phones are of two types:-
- Soft Format
- Hard Format
1. Soft Format
Soft Format will delete all files and data in Phone memory. Basically, Soft format will restore back to original settings, i.e. Factory setting.
If you are formatting due to the virus problem, then format your phone using the hard format. There is a minimal effect of Soft format on viruses.
- It will asks for security code, enter your security code, Default Code is 12345.
There are two types of Soft format
- Soft Reset (*#7780#): This is a normal reset. It will load the original settings of the phone. However, it will retain the user’s own data. Like images, music, installed applications, etc.
- Hard Reset (*#7370#): This method completely reformats the C: drive (Phone Memory). All the user information will be deleted. Like images, music files, installed applications, etc. Hence, the phone is set to the default factory settings.
Data stored on E: drive (MMC) will not be affected by these sequences.
On performing any of above methods of formatting the phone, device will ask you for a security/lock code. Default code is 12345.
Note : Battery should be fully charged so that it may not run out of power.
2. Hard Format
Hard format will format your files and Data in phone memory. Hard Format restores the OS firmware from ROM and installs a fresh copy of OS on your Phone. This Formatting Option is the best way for formatting phone, if you are facing any issue related to virus, slow performance, or any Phone Hanging issue.
To Format Phone using Hard Format, follow the below steps:
1. Switch OFF the Phone.
2. Now, Press and hold Green Key + “*” + “3” Key buttons
3. Now, While holding these three buttons, press the power button and switch on the phone. Keep Holding all the key until you see a Formatting screen appear on the Screen. When the screen appears, you can leave the keys and let the format complete until it reaches 100%. (no progress bar or completion procedure shown on later versions of S60V2)
Note: Please make sure that your device is fully charged before you proceed with formatting the device. If the battery goes down during this procedure, It may result in an inconsistent state of your device.
1: HOW TO FLASH YOUR NOKIA MOBILE PHONE WITHOUT ANY BOX
2: NOKIA SECRET CODES
3: FLASHING NOKIA PHONE USING PHOENIX SERVICE SOFTWARE
4: USAGE OF J.A.F PLATFORM TO FLASH NOKIA PHONES
5: WHAT IS THE NOKIA DCT4?
6: NOKIA BB5: WHAT IT MEANS AND HOW TO UNLOCK IT