WHEN TURNING YOUR BLACKBERRY Z10 ON FOR THE FIRST TIME, YOU'LL BE GREETED BY THE FIRST TIME SETUP. LIKE MANY SMARTPHONES, THIS IS BOTH AN INTRODUCTION IN HOW TO NAVIGATE THE HANDSET AND ALSO A CHANCE TO SET UP BASICS LIKE INTERNET, WIFI AND YOUR BLACKBERRY ID.
To begin using your new BlackBerry Z10, Insert the SIM card, SD card and battery. Power up your handset and follow the step-by-step instructions below to navigate successfully through the First Time Setup procedure.
- Decide whether to use a 3G connection on your smartphone.
- If you are near a wireless network, you can connect to it on the Wi-Fi Setup page. Simply find the Wi-Fi network you wish to join and enter the password to access it.
- Read the License Agreement and accept if you agree to its terms.
- Choose which country your Z10 will be operating in.
- Set up a new BlackBerry ID, or sign in with an existing one if you are already a BlackBerry user. If you encounter any difficulties with the sign-in process, you can troubleshoot the problem here or contact the Geek Squad on 0800 049 4335 for some one-on-one support.
- Decide whether to turn on the Diagnostics and Locations services by choosing either On or Off. Turning Diagnostics on can help improve the way the device works by sending information to BlackBerry about any problems you come across. Turning on Locations will tailor search results and other information to suit your current whereabouts.
- Check for updates to make sure your Z10 is running at its best. Your smartphone needs at least 20% battery to install any updates!
- Complete the Gestures tutorial to learn the best way to navigate your new handset. You must complete the tutorial to finish the setup wizard.